Monday, 30 August 2010

Day 9-LV to LA

Left for LA and yes more shopping, bought Robert and Paul 5 shirts and me a pair of jeans and a T-Shirt for $50. Great value and quality cloths. When we arrived in LA the hotel was really disappointing, great on the outside but really poor on the inside. I have been impressed by the Americans we have met so far, so helpful and gracious-not so at this hotel. Well we managed to upgrade to a suite so it was a little better and got late checkout but it cost us $200 and this hotel was certainly not worth it! Dinner was pleasant though at a lovely Mexican Restaurant. Did I mention how many Mexican Restaurants there are in LA? Lots of Mexicans and this hotel was in an old part of LA which seemed the centre of the Mexican community. Paul is getting angry at the thought of the week ending and going home. I think for Paul having his family together and the fun he has had with Kate and Sarah just fooling around at the end of our busy days has been his highlight. Sorry Paul all things come to an end, you have been delightful, patient and so controlled with your behaviour. This holiday has shown me how much you have grown in the last few years. I am feeling sad too, it's been so nice being together as a family, yes there has been some tense moments as we are all very strong minded people but I will treasure these memories always.

No comments:

Post a Comment