Monday, 30 August 2010
New York Day 4-iPad day!
Time to check out uptown New York. So diiferent from downtown, Central Park, 5th Avenue,very beautiful tree lined streets with lovey brownstone mansions. The tour also went to Harlem which was not as I expected at all. Apparently there has been a move to also gentrify Harlem. So it looks great, wide tree lined streets. We drove passed the famous Apollo lounge where Ella Fitzgerald was discovered and others like Michael Jackson. We noted some good soul food restaurants and intend to go back for dinner. We hopped off in uptown and went shopping for an iPad. I was lucky to get a 64G wifi, 3G iPad for $600. I couldn't resist another gadget, a litepro the size of an iPhone that is also battery and wireless. The projection quality is very good. Thinking of the classroom of the future. Then we discovered a problem as in the US you can't buy a rechargeable 3G card-we were told that I would to have an American credit card to set up an account. Disappointing as free wifi in New York was hard to find. When we returned to our hotel I tried logging on at MacDonald's and used our address in Boston and it worked. So we have 2G for $25 for a month. It's heaven and I love my iPad, just have to get to another Apple store to buy the accessories! We had dinner at a steak house and an early night-well not for me I played with the iPad. I have to add also how disappointing it was with some of the sales people who questioned my knowledge of iPads(I did do extensive research before deciding to buy one). It's because I am an older woman and they treated me as if I had 2 heads, so they didn't get my sale! It turned out that I knew more than most of them about the iPads and it's uses! I am now a happy woman, yes older but connected!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment